Monday, March 7, 2011

Converse speaking- lets stand up people...

So I'm sure we all have experience with a bully. Maybe you have been a victim... or the bully. Either way you get the idea of why people bully. Mostly, due to lack of jealousy, it could be you have more friends, or you friends are honestly kind while his/hers aren't. You could get better grades in school, and that's something they can't attain.
I have been targeted by bullies for most of my life. I don't know why, I'm guessing its a couple of these things. I'm ashamed to say that I have, due to these repeated attacks, been known to change something about myself so I am not targeted. I have worn different clothes most often, and in one case stopped eating meat.
In elementary school my mom packed my lunches. I love leftovers so she would always pack me some. I walked into class Monday morning with some Vietnamese food that I love, it was beef or something. So at lunch I put it out and start to eat,
"Converse- what are you eating? It looks like rat meat!" she snickered.
I stopped eating meat for the next month.
Its funny, I can stand up for other people easily, but not for myself.
I really hate hurting people's feelings...so if I'm mad at them it usually comes our sounding like I'm fine.
So I want you people out there- please! stand up to someone today! don't let them have control- stand up and you will be fine!
And remember- whenever you need support we are here!
- Converse

1 comment: