Thursday, October 13, 2011

Converse- Facebook

Sorry about my lack of posting!
Note: If you want to get a Facebook and are trying to convince them to get you one, don't let them read this!
Just thought I might add a quick word about facebook- do you, our WONDERFUL readers, have facebook? I do and I have to say, I almost wish that I didn't.
Several reasons as follows:
1. You learn way to much about other people and what they have been doing
2. You get notifications through your email, things like "so and so tagged you in this picture" and naturally you want to see the picture they posted and then you get sucked into the BFT (the big facebook trap) and end up looking at the page of your friend- of a friend- of a friend- of a friend.
3. Its very easy to say that you are going on to set up a time to hang out with your friend, but instead you end up staring at other people's pages for hours on end.
4. You never quite know if someone can tell if you have been on their page... and who has been on yours...actually this should be my #1 bullet point.
5. You get friend-ed by people you STRONGLY dislike, and yet if you deny their request they find out. A helpful tip: if you don't like the person and they try to friend you, just let the request sit around- never click yes or no. Then if they find out they can't be offended, because you can use technology as a great excuse.
6. All those people that you don't like that you friend-ed, while on one of those, "I'm going to give everyone a fresh start!" five minute inspirations, can see everything you post. And all of your pictures. Even the ones you don't want them to. And of course, you can't un-friend them because they will find out... and that's simply a very akward situation. What do you say? Umm... I don't like you very much and I was trying to give you a second chanc, but really- I don't think you deserve one so I'm never talking to you again...
So unless you have a desperate need, a cousin you are very close to who lives in a different state, for example, or a friend in the same situation- its worth it. Otherwise, I suggest skipping it...
- Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment