Sunday, September 25, 2011

Converse speaking- its school again...

Hi,
So for me school is completely in session. Its hard to think that summer was just a few weeks ago- but anyway, I don't know about you, but for me I can always tell when I'm back in school.
- My alarm goes off and I realize that its not by accident
- I open my school email and actually have homework, not just private jokes with friends
- I always trip over stuff on my floor in the morning, but this time its my science binder instead of a pile of magazines
Have any rituals that let you know your not going to have a social life for the next 10 months?
I don't know any one else- but for me it always seems like the farther I get into school the less social I become. I have homework everyday, including the weekend, and several sports practices. I guess its just a piece of getting older... what happened to the days when I had to write a review for a book and that was all my homework for the week?! When I could go to my friend's house Monday night without worrying about studying for tests.
There are lots of pros and cons I guess when it comes to growing up. Its nice to have more freedom, walking to a restaurant with friends, but you almost never can due to school schedule.
When I was younger I always thought it would be cool to be on a sports team, but now I realize its a lot of hard work- getting up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning to go practice. But the feeling you get out of it is so worth it...
Overall, I'm sure the pros outweigh the cons for the most part, but I'll admit, I wouldn't mind not having any homework.
See ya,
Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment