Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm really sorry... Because I'm lame

Hello there. Sorry. I've been meaning to write a post for the last few months and haven't gotten around to it, because I'm a loser :). My apologies to Vans and you all! Well. I thought I'd write about Facebook profile pictures. For those of you who don't have Facebook, a profile picture is just what shows up on your page in the top left corner-ish. It's supposed to be a picture of you, I guess, but if your like me it's either a really unflattering picture a friend took, or a picture you took yourself of, like, a tree (no kidding.) Well (I've noticed I say that wayyyyy to much...), I've noticed the new fad (okay, not so new fad...) is for girls who don't have a lot of self confidence to strike a pose wearing as little clothing as possible (ex. Wearing a bikini, while thrusting, uh, some parts of their body forward.) and use that. And some of the pictures ARE photoshopped. I mean, REALLY? Anyway, it's the people (because it's not always girls, who are doing this) without a whole lot of self confidence who do this. They assume it makes them look "cool & sexy" to their peers. If you're resorting to this sort of thing, please, please, find a hobby or a sport that your good at or enjoy. That's the sort of thing that should boost your self confidence, not a "sexy" picture. And, if you don't agree with me, just think of this. COLLEGES WILL BE LOOKING AT YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE. Aren't you even a bit worried that Ms. Admissions Officer is going to look at you "sexy" pictures and think, what a puffball. Because that's what she/he is going to think. There's nothing wrong with posting a picture of yourself, but really, there's no need to be "sexy", and it will bite you in the backside. Literally. (okay, not so literally, but I really wanted to write that.) So, yay. Hope you all are having a fabulous summer, and I will be back soon! Yay, Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment